- This event has passed.
Antiracism Online Training
May 26 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pmFreewill Donation
Join us for an online anti-racist training program, sponsored by American Friends Service Committee along with UU church and several other groups.
Please note, because this is put on by the Friends and Unitarian Universalists, there is a theological framework to the discussion. However, you do not need to be a member of one of these churches (or any church) to participate. Both of these churches have strong foundations in social action and this is an opportunity to learn from the resources they have assembled.
NEIPJC itself is non-sectarian, welcoming all. This is an opportunity for those who wish to come together and learn in a group setting.
During this online training, you will learn about:
- Anti-racist practice in caucus groups, PoC and white, to reflect on how to show up consciously alongside those most impacted by injustice.
- The U.S. immigration system’s history of racial exclusion and how it plays out today.
- Criminalization, immigration, and the prison industrial complex.
- Anti-Blackness and working for immigrant justice.
- The theology and practice of accompaniment.
- Real-life examples through case studies.
- Practical skills to accompany immigrants in ICE check-ins, detention visitation, and other contexts.
This month’s topic: On the ground case study coaching sessions based on participant needs.