Our micro loan program offers immigration assistance to families in need.
Priorities: Loans will be given out to meet needs in the following order:
- Legal expenses including government fees for applications
- Medical expenses for required physicals
- Travel expenses for required trips for legal status
Criteria: The following are criteria to be considered by the committee prior to loan approval:
- The limit of existing funds
- The date of application: loans will be awarded in order of request
- Loan priority (as ranked above)
- Ability to repay in 12 months
- Applicant’s loan history
- An applicant is only allowed one standing load at a time
Payment: Loans will be granted interest free and paid to the applicant by check from Decorah Bank & Trust.
Repayment: Loans are expected to be paid in monthly installments and delivered to the NEIPJC in person or by mail by the first of the month beginning the month after the loan is granted. The applicant may determine the amount to be paid each month, the number of months not to exceed 12. The applicant must pay off a loan before applying for another.
A copy of the agreement will be given to the applicant as well as a receipt for each monthly payment.
Approval: The loan must be approved by a majority of committee members at its weekly meeting or by email, if the committee does not meet.
Fill out the online application below, or print an application and send it to us at 119 Winnebago Street, Decorah, IA 52101.